Saturday 16 January 2016

David Bowie Talks About "Searching for God" and "Spirituality" in Unaired 60 Minutes Interview

In another interview with 60 Minutes, Bowie talked about being asked, "Why do you do what you do?" and struggling to come up with an answer. "I really had to think about that," he said. "I guess, I guess, taking away all the theatrics or the costuming and the outer layers of what I do, I'm a writer...I write. I started examining the subject matter that i write about, and it really only boils down to a few songs based around...loneliness, to a certain extent, couple[d] with isolation, some kind of spiritual search, and a looking for a way into communicating with other people."
Bowie touched on spirituality again at a different point in the same interview. "Searching for music is like searching for God," he said. "They're very similar. There's an effort to reclaim the unmentionable, the unsayable, the unseeable, the unspeakable, all those things, comes into being a composer and to writing music and to searching for notes and pieces of musical information that don't exist."
Ultimately, Bowie told 60 Minutes he was grateful he ended up writing andperforming his music.  "I think generally, I just cannot really envision life without -read more -http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/730590/david-bowie-talks-about-searching-for-god-and-spirituality-in-unaired-60-minutes-interview?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

No comments:

Post a Comment